CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY FAST START
STEPS TO COMPLETE A BANKRUPTCY CHAPTER 7 FAST START
STEP ONE- Determine Eligilbility To File Chapter 7
HAVE ANSWERS READY FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.
* Estimated amount and number of unsecured debts ( ie. credit cards, medical bills).
* Estimated amount and number of secured debts ( ie. auto loans, home mortgage ).
* Prior six months average monthly take-home net income ( gross less withholdings).
* Estimated value of all assets ( household items, personal property, autos).
* Estimated value of collectibles and hobbie assets ( ie. fine art, jewelry, silverware, boats ).
* Reasons for filing a Chapter 7.
* Have you already retained an attorney to start your chapter 7 proceeding.
* Are you a resident of Colorado ( lived in Colorado for more than 180 days, own a home in Colorado or pay Colorado state income taxes).
* Have you filed a chapter 7 petition in the past 8 years.
* Have you filed a chapter 13 petition in the 6 years.
* Have you completed an approved credit counseling session within the past 180 days.
STEP TWO- CALL KEULING LAW FIRM FOR FREE INITIAL CASE EVALUATION AND ESTIMATED FEE QUOTE.
DENVER PARKER COLORADO SPRINGS
The initial free case evaluation will take about 20- 30 minutes.
STEP THREE- MEETING WITH ATTORNEY
You will meet with Edgar Keuling, senior attorney to discuss your case. Your pre-bankruptcy questionnaire and your supporting documents will be reviewed. Also, the Firm's Legal Fee Agreement will be reviewed with you. This meeting should take about one hour.
Go to Supporting Documents for a list of documents to bring to the meeting.
STEP FOUR- CHAPTER 7 PETITION
Meet with the attorney to review and sign your chapter 7 petition and pay any remaining balance due on attorney fees and court filing fee.
STEP FIVE- ATTEND 341 MEETING
Attend with your attorney the 341 meeting of creditors and bankruptcy trustee. This meeting usually lasts about 30 minutes.
STEP SIX- ATTEND FINANCIAL COUNSELING SESSION
Within 45 days from the date of the 341 meeting complete an approved Financial counseling session.
DEBTORS CHAPTER 7 DISCHARGE USUALLY ENTERS SIXTY DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE 341 MEETING.
ANY QUESTIONS? CALL US